The concept of Device Health is used throughout the system to provide a quick, clear and simple indication of the overall operational state of each device. The statuses used are as follows:
- Green (Healthy): The device is operating as expected, with no issues.
- Yellow (Minor Issues): The device is experiencing minor issues (e.g. those that should be addressed but that do not stop the device from operating correctly).
- Red (Major Issues): The device is experiencing significant issues (e.g. those that must be addressed, potentially stopping the device from operating correctly).
The SquareOne default configuration is to monitor the following items, and this behavior is configurable through the use of Indicators.
- Disk Usage
- Memory Usage
- Package Compliance (e.g. actual vs expected package versions)
- Package Monitoring (i.e. monitored processes not running when expected)
Device Health summary is displayed on the Devices screen
Detailed health information is displayed on the Information screen for each device
When a device has issues, the details are displayed at the top of the Information screen for that device.