For screen sharing functionality to work, the Remote Access component of SquareOne must be installed, and a VNC server must be installed on the device. These components are included (and selected by default) in the SquareOne Agent installers.
- For Windows, we recommend TightVNC (https://www.tightvnc.com/download.php), which is included in the installer described in Setting up Windows Devices.
- For Linux, we recommend x11vnc, which is included in the installer described in Setting up Linux Devices. For configuration information, see Configuration Requirements For Remote Screen Sharing On Linux
- For Android, a VNC server is embedded into the Agent.
Other VNC servers may work when properly configured, as follows:
- The VNC server must be configured to accept incoming connections on port 5900.
- Authentication must be disabled.
- "Allow loopback connections" and "Allow only loopback connections" must be enabled.
VNC Server Configuration
Some VNC servers can be configured to support additional options. For example:
Request consent before connection is made
Handling multiple connections