SquareOne includes a Registration Tool to assist in the registration process. The registration tool can be used to help onboard a new device. The application:
- Checks and indicates the registration state of the device.
- Checks for connectivity (both generally and to the appropriate registration server).
- Checks the SquareOne services are running.
- Provides a link to the device (if pending or registered).
- Provides an opportunity to install device Key/Certificate files if none are installed.
- Provides an opportunity to get help by collecting suitable log files, so they can easily be supplied to Bsquare for support purposes.
- Allows the user to provide additional registration information to help identify the device. Note that additional registration information must be entered before the registration process has completed.
To use the Registration Tool to register a new device, select Browse to select the directory which contains both certificate files.
For Windows, run SquareOneRegistrationTool.exe on the target device. The application will launch:
For Linux, run sudo registrationTool on the target device. The application will launch:
On a device that has been successfully configured with the SquareOne Agent in place, the notification area will contain a “Registration” button.
Clicking the registration button will open the registration status and troubleshooting dialog: