SquareOne communication is built on the Internet Protocol for Smart Objects (IPSO) and Open Mobile Alliance LwM2M standards, transported over MQTT - a lightweight, machine to machine network protocol.
A default set of telemetry messages are sent by each device, focusing on device hardware. These can be seen on the device telemetry tab of the Device Management Screen:
The SquareOne Agent provides a WebSocket interface to allow any additional telemetry to be easily and seamlessly transmitted, such as:
- Sensor data: e.g. temperature sensors, accelerometers
- Sales data: e.g. from a vending machine
- Usage activity: e.g. touchscreen presses, camera activity, motion detection
- Location data: e.g. GPS location
- Performance data: e.g. throughput of product
For more information (and a simple example implementation), see the Custom Telemetry article.